Resources for learning more about these topics
- The Stealth Inequities of School Funding, 2012. By Bruce Baker and Sean Corcoran of the Center for American Progress.
- Funding Missouri’s Public Schools Comes Down to One Not-So-Simple Formula, 2016. By Dale Singer, Tim Lloyd, and Kameel Stanley.
- How Do School Funding Formulas Work? 2017. By The Urban Institute.
- Dismissed: America’s Most Divisive Borders, 2019. By EdBuild.
- Is School Funding Fair? A National Report Card, 2017. By: Bruce Baker, Danielle Farrie, Monete Johnson, Theresa Luhm and David G. Sciarra.
- FundEd: State Policy Analysis. 2020. By EdBuild.
- Budget Basics: K-12 Education. 2017. By Missouri Budget Project.
- Missouri. 2020. By the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- Real Estate Assessment and Property Taxation. 2011. By David Stokes, Christine Harbin, and Josh Smith of The Show-Me Institute.
- Why America’s Schools Have a Money Problem. 2016. By NPR.
- Citizen Brown, 2019. By Colin Gordon.
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America, 2017. By Richard Rothstein.
- Mapping Inequality: Redlining in New Deal America, 2018. By Robert Nelson and colleagues.
- Mapping Decline: St. Louis and the Fate of the American City, 2009. Colin Gordon.
- A Senior Year Mostly Lost for a Normandy Honor Student, 2015. By Elisa Crouch.
- Understanding Teacher Shortages: 2018 Update, 2018. By the Learning Policy Institute.
- Teacher Quality Gaps in U.S. Public Schools: Trends, Sources, and Implications, 2019. By Dan Goldhaber, Vanessa Quince, and Roddy Theobald.